The Deputy-Provost (Student Life and Learning)
The Deputy Provost (Student Life and Learning) leads McGill’s Student Life and Learning team, who together support students?inside and outside the classroom by offering essential services, programs that encourage intellectual, social, cultural, and physical development and opportunities to explore local, national, and international interests that complement their academic curriculum.
The DPSLL acts as a catalyst: s/he develops networks, triggers global and holistic thinking, and generates creative initiatives and innovative solutions in support of the vision and the missions of SLL and the University. The DPSLL provides strategic guidance to the Executive and Senior Directors of SLL and ensures the financial and administrative fitness of SLL.
Mission - Office of Student Life and Learning
The Office of Student Life and Learning provides support and strategic guidance to all SLL units, to student initiatives, and to student groups. We impart knowledge, innovative thinking, encouragement and administrative assistance to SLL units and student groups to advance the missions of SLL and of the University. We ensure the financial and administrative fitness of SLL.?
- Advance the missions of SLL and the University.
- Support student centeredness.
- Support SLL units.
- Connect student life to learning.
- Coordinate and nurture relationships with student associations.
- Lead International Education, in collaboration with the Faculties.
- Integrity – We are authentic, honest and respectful and inspire trust amongst students, faculty and staff.
- Compassion – We are genuinely concerned about our students and staff and are committed to supporting their intellectual, physical, and emotional wellbeing.
- Creativity – We encourage innovation. We are open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Bold – We do not shy away from questioning our most basic and long held assumptions.
- Diversity – We strongly believe that differences amongst people, ideas, and cultures enrich the student experience. We are committed to providing programs and services, which are inclusive and reflective of McGill’s diverse community.
- Responsiveness – We anticipate the needs of students, staff and faculty. We are committed to respond in a timely manner, while taking the necessary time to offer a thorough, positive response.
Mission-driven, dependable, collaborative, transparent, proactive.?