The University Teaching Labs Working Group (UTLWG) endeavors to enhance teaching and learning at McGill by creating a vision for university teaching lab development that is aligned with University strategic directions. Its mandate is to:
- Identify needs for teaching laboratories.
- Establish pedagogical and technical principles for the renovation and upgrade of teaching laboratories.
- Establish priorities for improvements (upgrades, repairs) to teaching laboratories across the University, and new teaching laboratories.
- Position the University to?benefit from funding opportunities that may arise (e.g. through Campaign McGill).?
- Recommend funding for the creation, upgrade and maintenance of teaching laboratories and related equipment.
- Contribute to submissions to MESRST (formerly MELS) for the plan quinquennal regarding facilities development.